This tour will take you on a journey through the Battle of Lapua as we follow in the footsteps of the Pori Brigade under Swedish general Carl von Döbeln, who features in the epic poem The Tales of Ensign Stål, written by Finnish national poet Johan Ludvig Runeberg. You will be able to choose from various different routes by bus, on foot or by bicycle.
Between 2019 and 2022, expert in the Finnish War and local history guide Harri J. Panula travelled to the sites of dozens of Finnish War battles. During that time, he photographed monuments and memorials from 1808 and 1809, as well as important locations from the battles.
Routes vary in length. We recommend sturdy shoes and weather-appropriate clothing. Short route on foot or by bicycle. Departs from the Kiviristi (Stone Cross) memorial to the Battle of Lapua or from Cultural Centre Vanha Paukku.
– 1 1/2 hours (Ritamäki- Kiviristi- Isokylä- Liuhtari)
– 1 hour (Kiviristi- Isokylä- Kruununmakasiini)
– €180 per group (long route, 1 1/2 hours, incl. bus)
– €100 per group (long route, 1 hour, using the group’s own bus)
– €80 per group (short route, 1 hour, on foot / by bicycle)
Guided tour of Finnish War battle sites.